Author Topic: August 11th Summerblast Picnic  (Read 587 times)

Offline Veda Waltz

• Members
  • Reasons I luv the river
August 11th Summerblast Picnic
« on: June 17, 2018, 12:11:48 PM »
August 11, Seafood Cookout, Ride and Camping Weekend

DATE: August 11, 2:00 Rain or Shine

RSVP: No later than August 1. Indicate if you DO NOT eat seafood.

WHERE:  Bill & Veda’s, 350 Rupp Road, Halifax.  Take 322 W to the 147 N. Exit, continue on 147 for 4 miles and make a left onto Rupp Road.  Continue on Rupp Road, stop look and listen then cross railroad tracks and you’re at our home along the Susquehanna River.  We will have canopies set up to keep you dry or out of the sun.

SET UP AUGUST 8TH, ALL HANDS ON DECK, WHATEVER TIME YOU CAN ARRIVE. LOTS TO DO AND WE CAN NO LONGER DO IT WITHOUT YOUR HELP.

MENU: Clams on the grille, Shrimp, Clam Chowder, Connie Island Hamburgers, Beer, Soda and Water.  Please bring a covered dish if you can transport it easily to round out the menu.

COST: There may be a nominal fee to help cover the costs. This will be determined at the August meeting when Summer Blast and the Xmas party expenses are projected. Just a note, the association has not had to charge for the picnic since we started having them.

Please RSVP no later than August 1st if you plan on attending. Would prefer a response on the message board over email, I don’t check my email regularly.  If you don’t eat seafood, please indicate on your RSVP so that we have enough burgers for the land lubbers.

CAMPING WEEKEND:   We would like to extend an invitation to the SCPAVRA members to camp out and spend Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at our home.  Bring your camping gear, food and beverages.  We’ll supply the porch for relaxing as you gaze over the Susquehanna River, fishing all weekend (you can usually walk across the river in August), campfire, horseshoes and friendship that is code for PARTY Friday and Saturday evening.  We’ll have a chiller table set up on Saturday for cold items and the grills for cooking.  Canopies will be up for rain or shine. Bring old shoes if you plan on going in the river.

Friday schedule, I am inviting anyone interested in a kayak/canoe trip on the river. Pull out from my house at 10:00. Launch will be from Millersburg Ferry and we can transport a lot of kayaks from my home to Millersburg, pack a lunch & beverages for on the river. This is about a 4-5 hour paddle/float trip, depending on wind. Trip will end at our home. Clean up kayaks/canoes, ourselves and head to Carsonville Hotel for dinner.  Carsonville is rain or shine, kayak trip depends on weather. Always nice to just hangout or we can do wineries if weather is bad. I do have a limited number of kayaks/canoes to share, please sign up right away if you are interested. If you have your own just be at the house by 9:30 so we can load your kayaks if we need to.

Dan
Kris
Jeff
Veda
Kim
Butch & Tin (own)
Mike, Dara & Cody (own)
Kyle (own)
Paul
Tommy
Dawn
Eddie
Jen & Mike

Attending Saturday
Dottie & Lloyd, no seafood
Kim, Potato Salad and Deer Snacks
Dan
Veda & Bill & Eddie- Clam Chowder
Kris
Dick
Jen & Mike
Butch & Tina - Chicken
Jeff & Marge
Jim & Diane
Paul
Dawn & Dennis
Ashley & Tom
Kyle
Dan & Kathy
Mike, Dara & Cody
Including Neighbor Bob and any of his guests (shares his bath house and kayaks with us, thank you Bob)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 07:41:32 AM by Veda Waltz »
Veda Waltz
Cat Herder

Offline wartluft

• Members
Re: August 11th Summerblast Picnic
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 03:41:25 PM »
I'll be there all weekend.  Bringing Red Potato Salad & Deer snacks :)

Offline Hangman

• Carlos Spicywiener
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 01:03:52 PM »
Dottie and I will be there ***PENDING MY SCHEDULE*** from Friday, early enough to got to eat with everyone, and stay until Sunday Morning.
Shit is getting crazy at work and may stay that way for a couple years running depending on how things go so even vacations we put in for at the beginning of the year (Delmarva) is "iffy" at this point.

Both of us are a "no" on the seafood.

Just let us know what the nominal fee is and if we should bring other things also like ice, soda, beer, etc. to help defer the costs.

Lloyd and Dottie

Offline msperrin67

• Members
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 01:10:51 PM »
Mike, Dara, & Cody plan on attending Friday and Saturday.
Thanks.

Offline Veda Waltz

• Members
  • Reasons I luv the river
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2018, 07:43:15 AM »
Getting close to another great Summer Blast! Can't wait! Please sign up if you aren't on the list so we can get our count ready to order seafood!
Veda Waltz
Cat Herder

Offline Craig

• Members
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 02:25:25 PM »
Craig and Mar ***WILL*** be attending.  :D 
Understanding friends let us bow out of a party commitment with the understanding that we will meet up with them for a ride instead,  at another time.

Offline Rescuetech

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 07:10:30 PM »
I will be coming alone for Saturday only. We have family from NJ visiting. (Gemmy)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 05:56:09 PM by Rescuetech »
See ya' real soon!